- What data do we collect about you?
- How will we use your personal data?
- Other websites
- How we protect your personal data
- Your rights under GDPR
- Data retention
- Acceptance of these conditions
- How to contact us
What data do we collect about you?
- a) Personally identifiable data: We collect your personal data when you register with us or place an order for products. We also collect personal data when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, participate in a quiz or similar. You decide whether you want to provide your personal data for registration, a quiz or similar. We may ask you to provide your company name, full name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address.
- b) Non-personally identifiable data: When you visit our website, we record your IP address (i.e. your computer’s internet address, not your e-mail address) and other anonymous general usage data to evaluate which parts of our website are being visited and for how long. The collected data is combined with other usage data of all our website visitors in order to determine the number of visitors, individual pages visited etc. The collected data is used only for internal purposes. We use collected data to evaluate our products and services, as well as to measure the use of our site and in general to improve its content.
How will we use your personal data?
We store and process your personal data only to the extent that is, according to Article 6 GDPR, necessary to fulfil the existing contractual and legal obligations between us, such as providing you with the products you ordered, internal record keeping or similar. If in addition we want to use your data to, for example alert you of current offers, we separately ask for your permission. Once given, this permission can be cancelled at any time. You can send the cancellation through link at the end of our customer letter or send us an email (see “how to contact us” below). Upon receipt of the termination we will immediately stop using your data for marketing purposes. Please note that the cancellation process might take a few days after the receipt of the cancellation notice. Certain transactions require us to share personal data with third parties. If necessary, Skanveir communicates your data to third parties, who are involved in the commissioning or processing of your order. For example, if you make your order through our chat or directly thrue our representatives, we may provide your order address information to our partner companies. Personal data is provided only to the extent that it is required for order processing and delivery. We may share personal information under contract with third-party service providers who provide support for certain parts of Skanveir’s network operations, for example website support, secure data storage and other similar services. We provide personal data to third parties also in the event that the law requires us to do so. We do not sell your personal data to third parties or market it elsewhere!
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity (see above “Non-personally identifiable data”).You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How we protect your personal data
Skanveir is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. Your personal data will be carefully protected from loss, destruction, forgery, manipulation, unauthorized access and unauthorized disclosure. All customer data is secured and safeguarded with suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures. Skanveir strives in every way possible and in accordance with current technologies and laws to protect your privacy and data. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data. We urge you to protect your personal data by available means when surfing the internet. We recommend that you choose a safe password, to change your password at regular intervals, and to make sure that you are using a secure, up-to-date web browser.
Your rights under GDPR
You have the following rights under the GDPR with respect to your Personal Data: To request a copy of your Personal Data which Skanveir holds about you; To have your Personal Data corrected; To request your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Skanveir to retain such Data; To request to have your Personal Data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances; To object to or restrict further processing, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data; To lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman (https://tietosuoja.fi/en/home) in case of an infringement of your rights under GDPR.
We retain your personal data as long as your user account is active or for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law.
Acceptance of these Conditions
How to contact us